Neo Heavy Duty (NHD) Duct is constructed of multiple thixotropic gel filled loose tubes containing optical fibres. Loose tubes and water blocking yarn is laid around a central strength member, with polyester yarn used to bind the cable core, all of which is surrounded by water blocking tape.
- LIGHTspeed NEO HEAVY DUTY DUCT OPTIC FIBRE is designed for long and short hauling into underground ducts. This cable may also be installed by the blowing technique.
- The cable is strengthened by a thicker Glass reinforced plastic strength member (GRP)
- The polyethylene outer sheath contains carbon black for UV protection. It is also available with a Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) sheath in order to comply with specified building regulations
- Optical fibre cores are stress free inside gel filled loose tubes whilst expansion and contraction is unavoidable with temperature changes and complicated installations
- A non-metallic construction ensures lightning immunity
- Sustained reliability over a wide temperature range
- “Dry” water-blocking material ensures user friendly handling
- The single mode optical fibre cable manufactured with the new G657A fibre cores is now 10 times less bend sensitive.