MEGAnet™ NEO HEAVY DUTY CORRUGATED STEEL TAPE OPTIC FIBRE is constructed of fibres
inside multiple gel filled loose tubes positioned around a glass reinforced plastic centre strength member. The NHDCST cable is strengthened by a thicker Glass reinforced plastic strength member (GRP), PE bedding, corrugated steel tape and a polyethylene outer sheath. The fibre specification for single mode fibre was upgraded to G657A that offers a cable that is 10 times less macro-bend sensitive than the traditional G652D optic fibre.
- LIGHTspeed NEO HEAVY DUTY CST OPTIC FIBRE is designed for long and short haul applications in harsh environments.The corrugated steel tape armouring makes this cable suitable for direct burial and various other applications where subjected to abnormal environments.
- A double sheath construction that includes corrugated steel tape armouring provides the necessary protection when the cable is subjected to abnormal crush and impact forces normally encountered during direct burial installation. The corrugated steel tape cladded armouring that is insulated with plastic, provides an excellent moisture and chemical barrier to the cable in total. Corrugated steel tape is recognised for its ability to resist rodent attacks
- The cable is strengthened by a thicker Glass reinforced plastic strength member (GRP)
- The polyethylene outer sheath contains carbon black for UV protection. It is also available with a Low Smoke Zero Halogen (LSZH) sheath in order to comply with specified building regulations
- Optical fibre cores are stress free inside gel filled loose tubes whilst expansion and contraction is unavoidable with temperature changes and complicated installations. The cable offers sustained reliability over a wide temperature range
- A non-metallic construction ensures lightning immunity
- “Dry” water-blocking material ensures user friendly handling.
- The single mode optical fibre cable manufactured w ith the new G657A fibre cores is now 10 times less bend sensitive.