MEGAnet™ SHORT SPAN AERIAL OPTIC FIBRE is constructed of fibres inside multiple gel filled loose tubes. The cable is strengthened by a glass reinforced plastic strength member (GRP), encased in layers of aramid yarn and a polyethylene outer sheath.
- LIGHTspeed SHORT SPAN AERIAL cable is designed for installation on pole routes with spans up to 100m.
- Short span aerial cable may also be used in a duct environment to avoid unnecessary splicing at the ends of self supporting routes.
- Ease of installation, due to its lightweight and self-supporting characteristics.
- A non-metallic construction ensures lightning immunity.
- Short span aerial cable is constructed with high modulus, creep resistant, aramid strength members which enable the cable to withstand sustained everyday stress, as well as the high loading during environmental extremes. The aramid yarn is applied contra-helically in layers to eliminate torsion stress.
- The smooth circular profile inhibits galloping, and the gel in the tubes provides additional protection against vibration,ensuring excellent optical reliability for all service conditions.
- Extensive cable/clamp compatibility tests were carried out to ensure optimum load transfer properties over a wide temperature range. We recommend only approved installation hardware.