The Planar Lightwave Circuit (PLC) splitter is a type of optical power distribution device using silica optical wavelength technology.
It is very reliable and small in size which makes for ease of use. The splitter has a wide wavelength range and offers great channel to channel uniformity.
- Low insertion loss
- Low Polarisation Dependant Loss (PDL)
- High return loss
- Uniform power splitting
- Wide operating wavelength
- Wide operating temperature
- Good environmental stability
- Qualified under Telcordia Generic Requirements (GR): GR-1221 and GR-1209
- FTTx systems
- CATV networks
- Passive Optical Networks (PON)
- Local Area Networks (LAN)
- Test equipment